Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Val Minyaylo <vm...@centraldesktop.com> on 2011/08/25 19:32:43 UTC

Highlight on alternateField

Hi there,
I am trying to utilize highlighting alternateField and can't get
highlights on the results from targeted fields. Is this expected
behavior or am I understanding alternateFields wrong?

schema.xml:
<field name="description" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true" termVectors="true" termPositions="true"
termOffsets="true"/>
<field name="description_highlighting" type="string" indexed="true"
stored="true"  termVectors="true" termPositions="true" termOffsets="true"/>
<copyField source="description" dest="description_highlighting"
maxChars="2500"/>

solrconfig.xml:
<str name="f.description.hl.alternateField">description_highlighting</str>
<str name="f.description.hl.alternateFieldLen">100</str>

Re: Highlight on alternateField

Posted by Val Minyaylo <vm...@centraldesktop.com>.
Thanks a lot Koji.

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.

--
Check out "Query Log Visualizer" for Apache Solr
http://www.rondhuit-demo.com/loganalyzer/loganalyzer.html