Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/08 20:13:44 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Samza version 0.8-incubating

More than 72 hours have elapsed and with four binding votes, the
release vote passes.

+1 x 4 {Jakob, Chris, Steve, John}

+/-0 x 0 {}

-1 x 0 {}

Thanks everybody.

-Jakob

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Samza version 0.8-incubating

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Hey Jakob,

Cool, I can grab a PR person to work with Apache. Let me know when the
time is right.

I've posted the binaries for 0.8.0 to Apache's release server. I've also
got a review open to update the download page:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-493

I've also released the staged 0.8.0 JARs to http://repository.apache.org.

Would anyone like to write a blog post similar to:

  https://blogs.apache.org/samza/entry/announcing_the_release_of_apache

If I have no takers by tomorrow, I'll take it, but it'd be good to get
others involved if they want to be.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Hey All,

I've finished all of the items on the list for the 0.8 release. I think we
should start publicizing tomorrow morning (PST). In the meantime, I'd
recommend everyone running through hello-samza, checking the blog post,
the docs, etc. Let me know if you catch anything.

Thanks for all the hard work! =)

Posted by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.
Nope, that's everything.

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.