Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sebastian Menge <se...@uni-dortmund.de> on 2006/10/05 12:02:15 UTC

panelNavigation2 with redirect?

Hi

I had and have some issues with panelNavigation2. Perhaps someone can
clear it up. My best source up to now was this thread:
http://tinyurl.com/opoqs

To summarise what I learned:
   * panelNavigation2 is stateful, panelNavigation isnt.
   * state has to be saved on the server?
   * <redirect/> doesnt work with pNav2
   * one has to use t:navgationmenuItem(s) (commandLinks didnt work)

So after playing around some time i got it working. But without
<redirect/>s, refreshing (<F5>) the application gives unexpected
results.

How can i avoid that?

TIA, Sebastian.

PS: Why was it so hard to find good examples?
http://www.irian.at/myfaces is nice, but some more
comments/documentation would be great.

Re: panelNavigation2 with redirect?

Posted by Sebastian Menge <se...@uni-dortmund.de>.
For reference (and answering myself), the solution can be found in this
mail:

http://tinyurl.com/rwnrz

Simply "bind" a backing bean with a HtmlPanelNavigationMenu to the
panelNavigation2.

Sebastian.