Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Zoltan HERPAI <wi...@2p.hu> on 2003/05/25 00:27:32 UTC

[users@httpd] question on vhosts like *.domain

hi all,

I did my homework as searching on google and this mailing list, but did
not find an elegant way to handle vhosts like *.domain. The only way i found
is to put an entry into my vhost.conf as first, which handles all requests
that are not defined by the rest of the config. However, this would not
work for me, since I have three such domains, which should be served from
different DocumentRoots.
Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Wigyori
Zoltan HERPAI

Re: [users@httpd] question on vhosts like *.domain

Posted by Alasdair Lumsden <ap...@alivewww.com>.
On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 23:27, Zoltan HERPAI wrote:
> I did my homework as searching on google and this mailing list, but did
> not find an elegant way to handle vhosts like *.domain. The only way i found
> is to put an entry into my vhost.conf as first, which handles all requests
> that are not defined by the rest of the config. However, this would not
> work for me, since I have three such domains, which should be served from
> different DocumentRoots.
> Any idea?

Check out the Mass virtual hosting option, I think it might be just what
you're looking for:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/mass.html

Re: [users@httpd] question on vhosts like *.domain

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.
Zoltan HERPAI wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I did my homework as searching on google and this mailing list, but did
> not find an elegant way to handle vhosts like *.domain. The only way i found
> is to put an entry into my vhost.conf as first, which handles all requests
> that are not defined by the rest of the config. However, this would not
> work for me, since I have three such domains, which should be served from
> different DocumentRoots.
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Wigyori
> Zoltan HERPAI

1) Have you read the Apache manual about vhosts?
2) You can have more then one virtual host container.

and the -4 Shield of No Spell Checker

RE: [users@httpd] question on vhosts like *.domain

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
At the ServerName use the domain.com
Add another line, ServerAlias *.domain.com

That should do.

Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324