Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1996/07/25 03:48:16 UTC

HTTP/1.1

What is the state of this patch Alexei? I don't see a big
reason not to get this stuff in the development CVS tree.

Re: HTTP/1.1

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>.
On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:

> What is the state of this patch Alexei? I don't see a big
> reason not to get this stuff in the development CVS tree.

I've just uploaded a revised HTTP/1.1 patch to
/httpd/incoming/http11a.patch. It fixes a number of the problems with the
first one.

I agree; it's a large patch, and there are sure to be problems, but I
think it's better to commit it all as is, and fix the problems, then to
keep revising the patch. (all the pieces fit together, so it'd be hard to
split it up into seperate patches, as well).

Anyone else think this is the right approach?

Re HTTP/1.1, though, I've a question; mainly for Roy, but if anyone else
knows the answer, that'd be nice: What is the status of HTTP/1.1? The last
call period on draft -05 came and went a few weeks ago. I never saw a new
last call on draft -06, will there be one, or will the IESG just approve
-06 directly? If so, is there a likely date when this might happen? I'd
perfer to avoid the HTML 3.0 fiasco by not releasing Apache 1.2 until
after HTTP/1.1 is at least a proposed standard. I'd be nice to have an
approximate date on this.

P.S. I'd still like one more +1 each on the patches I submitted
to add CookieExpires/CookieEnable and <IfModule> directives.

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>            The Apache HTTP Server