Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Richard Gillingham <ri...@richardgillingham.com> on 2008/06/06 22:39:31 UTC

CMS and NMS failover

Hi all

I'm working on a project using ActiveMQ with Delphi and C# clients.  For
Delphi support I'm using some wrapper classes exported out of a custom VC++
DLL using CMS.

My question is:

For each of NMS and CMS where is client failover support on their respective
roadmaps??  Has anyone implemented any strategies in their own projects?

One concern for example is a connection fails the child Sessions will be
freed along with their consumer,producers.  Once a new connection is
established the graph of producer/consumers will have to be rebuilt.  This
is something I'd have expected to be covered in the product implementation.

Kind regards

Richard

Re: CMS and NMS failover

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Speaking for NMS, we have the failover support scheduled for version
1.1.  We are currently getting ready to release 1.0.  Top of the list
after that is failover.  As Nathan said, all patches and offers of
help (testing, documentation, reviews, etc.) are appreciated.

-Jim

RE: CMS and NMS failover

Posted by "Mittler, Nathan" <na...@sensis.com>.