Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ian Wootten <I....@cs.cardiff.ac.uk> on 2005/02/11 15:27:46 UTC

Threads under axis

Hi there,

I was wondering if somebody could help me out with a simple thread
problem I'm facing when my class is deployed. My class (a simple log4j
app) logs the environment variables to one file and issues a memory
monitoring thread in the background. I'm finding that the memory thread
doesn't seem to be running at all when deployed, but works fine when run
as a standalone program. Even if I run a Thread.sleep(10000) command in
the main body of my code, it returns the string returned by my main
service method immediately...

Am I missing something, are the threads run differently under axis?

Thanks,

Ian