Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by timmyryan <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/13 13:56:13 UTC

Using SyslogAppender from Windows.

Hi,

I am trying to sent syslog messages from a Windows 2008 machine to a linux
machine.
The linux machine is set up fine and is recieving messages from other linux
machines without any problems.

After the messages is passed through my companies layout all the usefull
information is taken out, such as hostname process name product type.

My question is can syslog messages be sent successfully with SyslogAppender
or do I have to use NTEventLogAppender to send them to the event log and
from there send them to the machine that can process them.