Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Indraveni <in...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/06/19 04:23:38 UTC

Apache not starting after subversion installation

Hi,

I installed subversion with apache support. During installation it prompted an error message saying "mod_dav_svn.so  in /usr/local/apache/modules - No such File or Directoy" So I just searched for this module and copied this module from subversion forlder to apache folder. Same thing repeated for mod_authz_svn.so module. So its compiled successfully.

Now when i am tring to start apache the following error message is displayed.

boss:root# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 232 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_dav_svn.so into server: /usr/local/sub version-1.3.2/subversion/libsvn_subr/.libs/libsvn_subr-1.so.0: undefined symbol:  apr_file_mtime_set

I need help in solving this problem.

Indraveni

---------------------------------
 Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger Download now

Re: Apache not starting after subversion installation

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 19, 2006, at 06:23, Indraveni wrote:

> I installed subversion with apache support. During installation it
> prompted an error message saying "mod_dav_svn.so  in /usr/local/
> apache/modules - No such File or Directoy" So I just searched for
> this module and copied this module from subversion forlder to
> apache folder. Same thing repeated for mod_authz_svn.so module. So
> its compiled successfully.
>
> Now when i am tring to start apache the following error message is
> displayed.
>
> boss:root# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
> Syntax error on line 232 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_dav_svn.so into server: /
> usr/local/sub version-1.3.2/subversion/libsvn_subr/.libs/
> libsvn_subr-1.so.0: undefined symbol:  apr_file_mtime_set

Was Subversion compiled with the same version of APR as your Apache?
It needs to be.