Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris <Ch...@011005.com> on 2007/07/10 16:27:02 UTC

Can you setup a folder for certain emails to go ?

I want to reduce the setting number on my SA but I want
to be sure I'm not gonna be missing any legit emails
because of it.  Is there a setup that you can do so
that you cam lower the setting and all of the emails
affected by that go into a folder, for say 3 months,
then you can look into the folder after that time and
if you see no legit emails, it means that you probably
chose the correct setting.

Any ideas ?

Chris.

Re: Can you setup a folder for certain emails to go ?

Posted by François Rousseau <fr...@gmail.com>.
Be sure to have the rules apply to the email in the headers and then
just do a normal sorting on it?

François Rousseau

Posted by John Schmerold <sc...@gmail.com>.
Another approach that works really well for us:

We send all spam to a gmail account. Then every week we look to see
what google proclaims to be ham and forward it to our clients.

Our numbers tend to break down as follows:
10% Ham & sent to client
1% SPAM & sent to client
8.5% SPAM sent to gmail for processing
.4% SPAM sent to gmail, G says it's ham, but it's spam
.1% SPAM sent to gmail, G says it's ham, we forward it to the cllient.

John

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.

Posted by Skip Brott <sb...@dmp.com>.
My procmail script is set up to junk all emails with a score over 10.0 and
other "low spammy" emails are directed to a generic corporate spam email
account for review.  Depending on the volume of email, you may not want to
wait 3 months.  I check mine weekly and typically have close to 2000 emails.
And those are just the ones with low scores.  Prior to junking "high spammy"
emails my volume was double that in a day.

I'd share my script, but for fear of people trashing the configuration I
wont.  I am bad at scripting, so it is clunky but works...