Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by marius <m....@googlemail.com> on 2015/07/17 18:11:34 UTC

sendChunks error

Hi,

when i tried to run some Jobs on my hadoop cluster, i found the
following error in my  datanode logs:
(the german means connection reseted by peer)

2015-07-17 16:33:45,671 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode:
BlockSender.sendChunks() exception:
java.io.IOException: Die Verbindung wurde vom Kommunikationspartner
zurückgesetzt
         at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.transferTo0(Native Method)
         at
sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.transferToDirectly(FileChannelImpl.java:443)
         at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.transferTo(FileChannelImpl.java:575)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketOutputStream.transferToFully(SocketOutputStream.java:223)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockSender.sendPacket(BlockSender.java:559)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.BlockSender.sendBlock(BlockSender.java:728)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiver.readBlock(DataXceiver.java:496)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.datatransfer.Receiver.opReadBlock(Receiver.java:116)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.datatransfer.Receiver.processOp(Receiver.java:71)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiver.run(DataXceiver.java:235)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

i already googled this but i could not find anything...
This appears several times and then the error vanishes and the jobs
proceeds normally, and the job does not fail. This happens on various
nodes. I already formated my namenode but that did not fix it.

Thanks and greetings

Marius

Re: sendChunks error

Posted by marius <m....@googlemail.com>.
sry forgot about that

this is the while datanode log since the last startup:
http://pastebin.com/DAN6tQJY

The hadoop version is 2.6.0, i installed it via the tarball.
It is a two node cluster with one being both master and slave and one
pure slave node. I already tested this with dfs.replication on 1 and 3.

And your translation is correct

Thanks

Re: sendChunks error

Posted by marius <m....@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

i tried to reinstall hadoop on all nodes its now a five node setup
(4*slave 1*slave/master). It still gives me the same error on all nodes.
But the error is not consistent but comes and goes from time to time.
This is the log from one datanode:
http://pastebin.com/SQd0G5tF

It still is hadoop 2.6.0 with CentOS 7, the hardware varies from node to
node.

These are my configs:
http://pastebin.com/Fmi8bafT

Greetings Marius