Posted to user@struts.apache.org by st...@nitwit.de on 2004/02/01 14:11:03 UTC

action executed and input ignored (?)

Hi!

	<action
		path="/search"
		type="f4t.view.SearchAction"
		attribute="searchForm"
		scope="request"
		input="/search.jsp"
		name="searchForm"
		validate="false">
		<forward name="failure" path="/failure.jsp" />
		<forward name="display" path="/display.jsp" />
		<exception type="java.lang.Exception" path="/failure.jsp"/>
	</action>

This did work once. I did something trivial I don't remember and now
visiting /search.do does immediately call SearchAction.execute() and does not
load search.jsp.

I don't see the wood for the tree - can somebody help please?

Thanks in advance!
Timo

Re: AW: action executed and input ignored (?)

Posted by st...@nitwit.de.
Hi Oliver,

On Sunday 01 February 2004 14:37, Oliver Thiel wrote:
> If you want to load search.jsp just call it from another jsp with
[...]
> In your search.jsp you probably should have something like that:

Yes, I can directly link to search.jsp but it did previously work with
search.do. And I have no idea what I did that it does not work no more...

Timo

AW: action executed and input ignored (?)

Posted by Oliver Thiel <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi Timo,

If you want to load search.jsp just call it from another jsp with
forward or what ever you like ...)

In your search.jsp you probably should have something like that:
:
:
which calls the action. And in your struts-conf.xml you already defined
the search.jsp to be the input for this action.

Hope that'll fix it!
Oliver