Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "\"J. Van Brimmer\"" <je...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/07 21:11:33 UTC

Change default browser

I have OO-4.1.0 on Xubuntu Linux. I just installed it, and when I
started up Writer, after a few seconds it presented me with a
notification saying that there was updates for an installed extension.
So I clicked on the button. After it found the extension update, I
clicked on the Install button. The first time this happened, it then
presented me with a list of installed browsers and asked me to select
one. I clicked on "chrome", because I do have Chrome installed. It
failed saying that it couldn't find the default browser. Now, every
time I try to rerun the process, it doesn't present me with a list of
installed browsers, it just fails, saying again that it can't find the
default browser.

So, I can't find where to change the default browser in Writer. Does
anybody know? I tried renaming the profile folder, that didn't work,
it still failed.

--
Jerry

Re: Change default browser

Posted by "\"J. Van Brimmer\"" <je...@gmail.com>.
That was it, Maurice. Thank you!

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Maurice Howe <ma...@stny.rr.com> wrote:
> I think the "default browser" applies to the operating system
> (Windows/Linux/etc), not an application (such as Apache OpenOffice).
> Maurice

Jerry Van Brimmer

RE: Change default browser

Posted by Maurice Howe <ma...@stny.rr.com>.

Re: Change default browser

Posted by "\"J. Van Brimmer\"" <je...@gmail.com>.
Hello Marina,

Yes, it was an OS setting. I got it sorted out and working. Thanks for your
input.

Jerry

Re: Change default browser

Posted by mt <mt...@lockedbags.org>.