Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Gell, Ashley" <As...@onetel.co.uk> on 2003/10/07 12:18:23 UTC

outputing parameters in XSP

Sitemap parameters can be passed into an XSP but how do you set and pass out
parameters to the pipeline from the XSP.  I have found the utility tag
<xsp-util:get-sitemap-parameter/> but can't seem to find an equivalent
<xsp-util:get-sitemap-parameter/> tag.
I need to be able to set a parameter within an XSP and have it visible by
the pipeline.

Re: outputing parameters in XSP

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Gell, Ashley wrote:

> Sitemap parameters can be passed into an XSP but how do you set and pass
> out parameters to the pipeline from the XSP.  I have found the utility
> tag <xsp-util:get-sitemap-parameter/> but can't seem to find an
> equivalent <xsp-util:get-sitemap-parameter/> tag.
>
> I need to be able to set a parameter within an XSP and have it visible
> by the pipeline.

Sorry, this is not possible because the sitemap code is already done
when the XSP code is invoked. You should consider moving your
functionality to a component, flow, or an action. You can even write
actions using XSP. See docs on how to set return parameters.
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=XSPAction

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: outputing parameters in XSP

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Gell, Ashley wrote:
> Sitemap parameters can be passed into an XSP but how do you set and pass
> out parameters to the pipeline from the XSP.  I have found the utility
> tag <xsp-util:get-sitemap-parameter/> but can't seem to find an
> equivalent <xsp-util:get-sitemap-parameter/> tag.
>
> I need to be able to set a parameter within an XSP and have it visible
> by the pipeline.

What you are using it for makes a big difference.  Can you give a basic
idea of your use case?  If you are trying to dynamically affect the
course of a pipeline after it begins (after your xsp starts executing)
you'll need to refactor your strategy as that is disallowed in Cocoon.

We'll also need to know what version of Cocoon you're using.

Geoff