Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Justin Leet <le...@apache.org> on 2018/12/17 17:06:52 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Metron release 0.7.0

Hi all,

I’m pleased to announce the release of Metron 0.7.0! There's been a lot of
work on improvements, upgrades, discussion, and more. Thanks to everyone
who's contributed, and thank you to our users.

Details:
The official release source code tarballs may be obtained at any of the
mirrors listed in
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/metron/0.7.0

As usual, the secure signatures and confirming hashes may be obtained at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/metron/0.7.0

The release branches in github is
https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/Metron_0.7.0 (tag
apache-metron_0.7.0-release)

The release doc book is at http://metron.apache.org/current-book/index.html
The Apache Metron web site at http://metron.apache.org/ has been updated;
please refresh your web browser cache if the new links do not immediately
appear.

Change lists and Release Notes may be obtained at the same locations as the
tarballs.
For your reading pleasure, the change list is appended to this message.

CHANGES (in reverse chronological order):

    METRON-1928 Bump Metron version to 0.7.0 for release. (justinleet)
closes apache/metron#1293
    METRON-1931 Update dev utilities to support new repo location
(rlenferink via justinleet) closes apache/metron#1295
    METRON-1922 Escaping incorrectly handled in current aesh version
(justinleet) closes apache/metron#1291
    METRON-1867 Remove `/api/v1/update/replace` endpoint (nickwallen)
closes apache/metron#1284
    METRON-1810 Storm Profiler Intermittent Test Failure (nickwallen)
closes apache/metron#1289
    METRON-1909 Remove http filter from release utils changelog
generation (justinleet) closes apache/metron#1283
    METRON-1869 Unable to Sort an Escalated Meta Alert (nickwallen)
closes apache/metron#1280
    METRON-1889: Add any missing timestamp fields to unified
enrichment topology (mmiklavc via mmiklavc) closes apache/metron#1286
    METRON-1913 metron-alert UI - Build broken by missing transitive
dependency (tiborm via sardell) closes apache/metron#1285
    METRON-1845 Correct Test Data Load in Elasticsearch Integration
Tests (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1247
    METRON-1888 Default Topology Settings in MPack Cause Profiler to
Stall (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1276
    METRON-1887: Add logging to the ClasspathFunctionResolver
(mmiklavc via mmiklavc) closes apache/metron#1274
    METRON-1873 Update Bootstrap version in Management UI (sardell)
closes apache/metron#1267
    METRON-1825 Upgrade bro to 2.5.5 (JonZeolla via nickwallen) closes
apache/metron#1237
    METRON-1890 Metron Vagrant should disable audio (ottobackwards)
closes apache/metron#1277
    METRON-1874 Create a Parser Debugger (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1265
    METRON-1880 Use Caffeine for Profiler Caching (nickwallen) closes
apache/metron#1270
    METRON-1877 Nested IF ELSE statements can cause parse errors in
Stellar (justinleet) closes apache/metron#1268
    METRON-1872 Move rat plugin away from snapshot version
(justinleet) closes apache/metron#1264
    METRON-1875 Expose configurable global settings in the Alerts UI
(merrimanr) closes apache/metron#1266
    METRON-1834: Migrate Elasticsearch from TransportClient to new
Java REST API (mmiklavc via mmiklavc) closes apache/metron#1242
    METRON-1834: Migrate Elasticsearch from TransportClient to new
Java REST API (cstella via mmiklavc)
    METRON-1749 Update Angular to latest release in Management UI
(sardell via nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1217
    METRON-1870 Intermittent Stellar REST test failures (merrimanr via
nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1263
    METRON-1868 metron-committer-common incorrectly checking REPO_NAME
(JonZeolla via jonzeolla) closes apache/metron#1260
    METRON-1740 Improve Palo Alto parser to handle CONFIG and SYSTEM
syslog messages (liuy-tnz via nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1171
    METRON-1847 Create reusable script with functions from
prepare-commit (ottobackwards) closes apache/metron#1248
    METRON-1850 Stellar REST function (merrimanr) closes apache/metron#1250
    METRON-1858 BasicFireEyeParser check style cleanup and
optimization (ottobackwards) closes apache/metron#1255
    METRON-1864 Stellar date format test fails after daylight saving
(ottobackwards) closes apache/metron#1258
    METRON-1861 METRON-1861: REST fails to start when LDAP enabled and
'Active Spring profiles' config is empty (anandsubbu via justinleet)
closes apache/metron#1256
    METRON-1853: Add shutdown hook to Stellar BaseFunctionResolver
(mmiklavc via mmiklavc) closes apache/metron#1251
    METRON-1857 Fix Metaalert Nested Alert Field Name in Index
Template (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1253
    METRON-1855: Make unified enrichment topology the default and
deprecate split-join (mmiklavc via mmiklavc) closes apache/metron#1252
    METRON-1790 Unsubscribe from every observable in the pcap panel UI
component (ruffle via nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1208
    METRON-1803: Integrate Cypress with Travis (tiborm via mmiklavc)
closes apache/metron#1226
    METRON-1844 Allow for LDAP to be used for authentication and roles
(justinleet) closes apache/metron#1246
    METRON-1844 Allow for LDAP to be used for authentication and roles
(simonellistonball via justinleet) closes apache/metron#1246
    METRON-1830 Re-implement Alerts dialog box without jQuery (sardell
via merrimanr) closes apache/metron#1240
    METRON-1826 Update librdkafka and devtoolset (JonZeolla via
jonzeolla) closes apache/metron#1238
    METRON-1839 Install Elasticsearch MPack Step in Ansible Not
Idempotent (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1244
    METRON-1833: Management UI incorrectly displaying sensor topology
latency units as seconds instead of millis (mmiklavc via mmiklavc)
closes apache/metron#1241
    METRON-1829 Large Error Message Causes Slow Search Performance
(merrimanr) closes apache/metron#1239
    METRON-1831 Project Version Substitution Not Working (nickwallen)
closes apache/metron#1243
    METRON-1816 Date format Stellar function (merrimanr) closes
apache/metron#1233
    METRON-1681 Decouple the ParserBolt from the Parse execution logic
(merrimanr) closes apache/metron#1213
    METRON-1820 Update to new Simple-Syslog-5424 version to support
error handling (ottobackwards) closes apache/metron#1234
    METRON-1805 Provide a default value for the Storm
topology.max.spout.pending setting (merrimanr) closes
apache/metron#1221
    METRON-1821 Align prepare-release-candidate with documentation
(JonZeolla via jonzeolla) closes apache/metron#1236
    METRON-1801 Allow Customization of Elasticsearch Document ID
(nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1218
    METRON-1799 Remove outdated bylaws from site. (justinleet) closes
apache/metron#1216
    METRON-1769 Script creation of a release candidate (justinleet)
closes apache/metron#1188
    METRON-1761 Allow a grok statement to be applied to each line in a
file. (ottobackwards) closes apache/metron#1184
    METRON-1813 Stellar REPL Not Initialized with Client JAAS
(nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1232
    METRON-1812: Fix dependencies_with_url.csv (mmiklavc via mmiklavc)
closes apache/metron#1230
    METRON-1811 Alert Search Fails When Sorting by Alert Status
(merrimanr) closes apache/metron#1231
    METRON-1809 Support Column Oriented Input with Batch Profiler
(nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1229
    METRON-1806: Upgrade Maven Shade Plugin version (mmiklavc via
mmiklavc) closes apache/metron#1224
    METRON-1792 Simplify Profile Definitions in Integration Tests
(nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1211
    METRON-1807 Auto populate the recommended values to some of the
metron config parameters  (MohanDV via merrimanr) closes
apache/metron#1227
    METRON-1808 Add Ansible created pyc to gitignore (justinleet)
closes apache/metron#1228
    METRON-1695 Expose pcap properties through Ambari (anandsubbu)
closes apache/metron#1207
    METRON-1771 Update REST endpoints to support eventually consistent
UI updates (merrimanr) closes apache/metron#1190
    METRON-1791 Add GUID to Messages Produced by Profiler (nickwallen)
closes apache/metron#1210
    METRON-1804 Update version to 0.6.1 (justinleet) closes apache/metron#1220
    METRON-1798 Add mpack support for parser aggregation (anandsubbu)
closes apache/metron#1215
    METRON-1750 Create Parser for Syslog RFC 5424 Messages
(ottobackwards) closes apache/metron#1175
    METRON-1794 Include User Details When Escalating Alerts
(nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1212
    METRON-1782 Add Kafka Partition and Offset to Profiler Debug Logs
(nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1202
    METRON-1758 Add support for Ansible 2.6 in dev (JonZeolla via
jonzeolla) closes apache/metron#1179
    METRON-1784: Re-allow remote ssh and scp in Centos full dev
(mmiklavc via mmiklavc) closes apache/metron#1204
    METRON-1787 Input Time Constraints for Batch Profiler (nickwallen)
closes apache/metron#1209
    METRON-1508 In Ubuntu14 Dev Indexing Fails to Write to
Elasticsearch (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1185
    METRON-1786 Pcap Topology Status Incorrect (MohanDV via
nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1206
    METRON-1709 Add controls to start / stop the PCAP topology from
Ambari. (MohanDV via nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1201
    METRON-1759 PCAP UI: Removing wrong Input annotations from pcap
panel component (tiborm via nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1180
    METRON-1772 Support alternative input formats in the Batch
Profiler (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1191
    METRON-1770 Add Docs for Running the Profiler with Spark on YARN
(nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1189
    METRON-1774 Allow user to configure JAAS client in Ambari
(nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1192
    METRON-1760 Kill PCAP job should prompt for confirmation (ruffle
via nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1199
    METRON-1777: Fix Elasticsearch X-Pack sample pom in documentation
(mmiklavc via mmiklavc) closes apache/metron#1196
    METRON-1781 Fix RPM Spec File (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1200
    METRON-1780 Fix broken website images (justinleet) closes apache/metron#1198
    METRON-1476 Update to Angular 6.1.3 (sardell via nickwallen)
closes apache/metron#1096
    METRON-1776 Update public web site to point at 0.6.0 new release
(justinleet) closes apache/metron#1195
    METRON-1775 Transient exception could prevent expired profiles
from being flushed (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1194
    METRON-1717 Relocate Storm Profiler Code (nickwallen) closes
apache/metron#1187
    METRON-1748 Improve Storm Profiler Integration Test (nickwallen)
closes apache/metron#1174
    METRON-1741 Move REPL Port of Profiler to Separate Project
(nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1170
    METRON-1715 Create DEB Packaging for Batch Profiler (nickwallen)
closes apache/metron#1167
    METRON-1736 Enhance Batch Profiler Integration Test (nickwallen)
closes apache/metron#1162
    METRON-1714 Create RPM Packaging for the Batch Profiler
(nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1163
    METRON-1708 Run the Batch Profiler in Spark (nickwallen) closes
apache/metron#1161
    METRON-1707 Port Profiler to Spark (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1150
    METRON-1705 Create ProfilePeriod Using Period ID (nickwallen)
closes apache/metron#1148
    METRON-1706 HbaseClient.mutate should return the number of
mutations (nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1147
    METRON-1704 Message Timestamp Logic Should be Shared (nickwallen)
closes apache/metron#1146
    METRON-1703 Make Core Profiler Components Serializable
(nickwallen) closes apache/metron#1145

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Metron release 0.7.0

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.
+1 to that!!

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.
+1 to that!!