Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Koundinya (Sudhakar Chavali)" <su...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/12 12:07:39 UTC

Is it Bug in POI?

Hi All,

When I try to execute Text Mining API, api raised following
error. Is it bug in POI API? Becuase the document which poi try
to parse contains bulleted text.

But this error is not getting for all the documents that
contains bulleted text. To analyse it fully, I am here with
saving 3 sample documents at my personal link

http://www.geocities.com/sudhakar_koundinya/prob.zip

It contains a1.doc,a2.doc and a3.doc

a2.doc and a3.doc are same but a3.doc is not getting a problem
while parsing the text

thanks,
sudhakar

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
        at org.apache.poi.util.IntList.get(IntList.java:333)
        at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.BlockAllocationTableReader.fetchBlocks(B
lockAllocationTableReader.java:191)
        at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.BlockListImpl.fetchBlocks(BlockListImpl.
java:128)
        at
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.processProperties(POI
FSFileSystem.java:403)
        at
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.<init>(POIFSFileSyste
m.java:102)
        at
org.textmining.text.extraction.WordExtractor.extractText(WordExtracto
r.java:48)
        at
org.prithvi.docparser.microsoft.word.WordDocument.read(WordDocument.j
ava:121)
        at org.prithvi.test.Word2Text.main(Word2Text.java:35)

=====
"No one can earn a million dollars honestly."- William Jennings Bryan (1860-1925)

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid."- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)