Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org> on 2015/07/01 04:34:22 UTC

Re: Kylin Won't Start Clean

hi, rommel,

what is the error you're mentioning? I didn't see any attached file.

The following is not error but warning, you can take a look at
$KYLIN_HOME/bin/setevn.sh to dismiss the warning.

KYLIN_JVM_SETTINGS is not set, using default jvm settings
KYLIN_DEBUG_SETTINGS is not set, will not enable remote debuging
KYLIN_LD_LIBRARY_SETTINGS is not set, lzo compression at MR and hbase might
not work

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 4:23 AM, Rommel Garcia <rg...@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

>  I just recently installed Kylin on HDP 2.3 Sandbox. When i run
> bin/kylin.sh start, I’m getting the errors as described on the attached
> log. I tried adding the base-client* jars to kylin/lib folder and increased
> the tomcat memory to at least 1GB but same error.
>
>  Here’s the last snippet from the prompt when kylin is started. User root
> belongs to hadoop group and has a user directory in hdfs /user/root. root
> gots permission to run hadoop commands.
>
>   hbase dependency: /usr/hdp/2.3.0.0-2130/hbase/lib/hbase-common.jar
>  KYLIN_JVM_SETTINGS is not set, using default jvm settings
>  KYLIN_DEBUG_SETTINGS is not set, will not enable remote debuging
>  KYLIN_LD_LIBRARY_SETTINGS is not set, lzo compression at MR and hbase
> might not work
>  A new Kylin instance is started by root, stop it using "kylin.sh stop"
>  Please visit http://<your_sandbox_ip>:7070/kylin to play with the cubes!
> (Useranme: ADMIN, Password: KYLIN)
>  You can check the log at bin/../tomcat/logs/kylin.log
>
>   Rommel Garcia
>  Big Data Solutions Engineer - Southeast
>  Hortonworks, Inc.
>  Email: rgarcia@hortonworks.com