Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "V.S." <Va...@premiumwine.com.ua> on 2010/07/23 21:49:55 UTC

Cost Price of purchased goods

Is it possible somehow when purchasing the goods to add to the cost price
some additional components?
I understand that now, when posting the goods to the finance affects
approximately as follows:

Db: Inventory Cr: Shipment not invoiced

I would like to get the additional transaction like:

Db: Inventory Cr: Some Additional Costs

and in new Lot
Lot Cost Price = Purchase Price + Some Additional Costs

This is due to the fact that under our legislation we are entitled to add to
the cost of purchased goods some additional cost (transport, custom, etc.)

Re: Cost Price of purchased goods

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
See Vol I pages 93-96
the estimated Costing model is for projecting cost, in the future. it is
not tied to production, and is one of my arguments about having
manufacturing in the base applications.
The estimate cost would be used to determine budgeting, or FOB of a product.

Ofbiz made a generic CostComponent model that lets you have both
estimated and actual cost per the link I showed you.
see the actual_other_cost using the General Cost Calc which puts the
cost in costGlAccountTypeId="OPERATING_EXPENSE".

the Automatic Cost calc is only setup for Estimated.
you need to add one for Actual.
or you would then setup one  activated by an SECA on the order if you
want it split out this way.

you can look at getProductCost
in application/product/scripts/org/ofbiz/product/cost/CostServices.xml
for a template of how to write one to accomplish what you want todo

V.S. sent the following on 7/23/2010 2:54 PM:

Posted by "V.S." <Va...@premiumwine.com.ua>.

BJ Freeman wrote:

> first i suggest you get familar with the catalog and product.
> you will fine cost and even a place to put a custom cost calculation
> service.
> https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductCosts?productId=WG-9943

Yes, I saw it. But all my attempts with this somehow influence the forming
of cost price for PURCHASING goods failed. And I thought that this scheme
works only for the production.

Re: Cost Price of purchased goods

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
first i suggest you get familar with the catalog and product.
you will fine cost and even a place to put a custom cost calculation
service.
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductCosts?productId=WG-9943

V.S. sent the following on 7/23/2010 12:49 PM: