Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Katharina Jockenhöfer <ka...@thehoodiefirm.com> on 2015/05/21 13:20:45 UTC

[NEWS] request

Hi!

We've had a request on Facebook - someone is asking to get the Weekly News via email.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=651970961501798&id=507603582605204&comment_id=651979058167655&notif_t=share_comment <https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=651970961501798&id=507603582605204&comment_id=651979058167655&notif_t=share_comment>
Should I forward him to the mailing list? Was there ever a discussion/need to make the news subscribable via email?

Best
Katharina

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 21 May 2015, at 15:15, Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>> can subscribe to that and we post the weekly there.
>
> +1
>
> I wonder if we can also have a subscribe button on website for it...

yeah, should be doable with a little bit of tooling :)

Best
Jan

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

--
,,,^..^,,,

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 16 Jun 2015, at 14:24, Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 16 Jun 2015, at 14:15, Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Katharina,

>>> Thanks for the good news! But this subscribtion isn't based on news@
>>> ML right?
>>
>> Yeah.
>
> Seems like I miss it announcement. Thanks! Time to subscribe then (:

This is the announcement :P

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 16 Jun 2015, at 14:15, Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Katharina,
>
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Katharina Jockenhöfer
> <ka...@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
>> I added a "follow blog via mail"-widget to the blog and now it's mail-subscribable. http://blog.couchdb.org/ <http://blog.couchdb.org/>
>> I hereby invite you all to subscribe :). I'll also do that in the next Weekly News and on twitter.
>
> Thanks for the good news! But this subscribtion isn't based on news@
> ML right?

Yeah.

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hi Katharina,

<ka...@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
> I added a "follow blog via mail"-widget to the blog and now it's mail-subscribable. http://blog.couchdb.org/ <http://blog.couchdb.org/>
> I hereby invite you all to subscribe :). I'll also do that in the next Weekly News and on twitter.

Thanks for the good news! But this subscribtion isn't based on news@
ML right? How does it works then?

--
,,,^..^,,,

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by Ingo Radatz <th...@googlemail.com>.
> I hereby invite you all to subscribe :).

Have done that - has worked out well.

Best, ingo

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by Katharina Jockenhöfer <ka...@thehoodiefirm.com>.
Hi there,

I added a "follow blog via mail"-widget to the blog and now it's mail-subscribable. http://blog.couchdb.org/ <http://blog.couchdb.org/>
I hereby invite you all to subscribe :). I'll also do that in the next Weekly News and on twitter.

Best
Katharina

On 28 May 2015, at 13:36, Katharina Jockenhöfer <ka...@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:

news@ would be easy. Or a wordpress plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/sendmail <https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/sendmail>
maybe this one: http://www.gopiplus.com/work/2014/03/28/wordpress-plugin-email-posts-to-subscribers/#.VWb9ZVmeDGc <http://www.gopiplus.com/work/2014/03/28/wordpress-plugin-email-posts-to-subscribers/#.VWb9ZVmeDGc> ?

On 27 May 2015, at 10:09, Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org> wrote:

+1 for news@

Cheers

Andy

Hamburg - Germany
RockIt!

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
+1 for news@

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by Katharina Jockenhöfer <ka...@thehoodiefirm.com>.
Yes. Would be great!

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by ermouth <er...@gmail.com>.
Then +100

ermouth

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
HTML wins this one :)

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by ermouth <er...@gmail.com>.
As plaintext or HTML?

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by Johannes Jörg Schmidt <sc...@netzmerk.com>.
+1

Re: [NEWS] request

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 21 May 2015, at 17:14, Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org> wrote:

> all posts that go to announce@ - all announcements also hit news, but
> weekly news posts don't go to announce@.
>
> FYI the Apache standard is to use plain text emails. I personally will
> ignore all HTML formatted emails.

For a link heavy newsletter, HTML makes more sense. It’s also more
common in other weekly newsletter formats. The ASF standard on this
is from the 90s. Sorry Joan :)

Best
Jan

Re: [NEWS] request