Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com> on 2006/11/08 09:47:58 UTC

Re: svn commit: r472420 - in /incubator/ofbiz/trunk/applications/content: webapp/content/WEB-INF/ webapp/content/WEB-INF/actions/data/ webapp/content/WEB-INF/actions/datasetup/ webapp/content/WEB-INF/pagedefs/datasetup/ webapp/content/datasetup/ widget/dat...

On Nov 8, 2006, at 1:11 AM, jacopoc@apache.org wrote:

> Author: jacopoc
> Date: Wed Nov  8 00:11:41 2006
> New Revision: 472420

> Log:
> One more content screen converted to widgets.
> Now there are just 10 remaining JPublish screens (all in the layout/
> template menu)... I've tried to work on them but I'm giving up
> since they seem too broken/incomplete/dirty and I'm too ignorant
> about them to try to understand how they work from the source code:
> maybe someone out there that knows better than me that pages (and
> their statsus) could help with this, at least with a few suggestions.
> It would be really great to finalize this effort because these
> JPublish pages are the LAST 10 ones that we have in OFBiz.

I'd say for stuff that is now broken (and I know there is a fair bit
of it...) to just do a quick and dirty pass at changing the JPublish
XML files into screen definitions (ie moving to set operations, etc)
and then if they aren't working just don't worry about it. Hopefully
at some point someone will actually need/want these and will go
through that work. If that never does happen, chances are something
else will be designed to replace them and we'll just toss them.

So yes, for now I'd say just do the minimum needed to get the
JPublish stuff removed without losing too much of what is there.
Heck, even putting the content of the JPublish pagedef XML file in a
comment in the actions block of the new screen definitions would be
okay by me...

-David