Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul McGurn <Pa...@logmein.com> on 2008/09/16 21:36:28 UTC

Tomcat Cluster Deployer

Is there any (complete) documentation on the Cluster Deployer?  The official documentation doesn't actually say anything about it (or let alone anything useful at all...):
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/cluster-deployer.html

I'm trying to set up an environment that is both clustering sessions (well documented) and also replicating WARs/apps to the cluster, rather than requiring WAR deployment to each server.

Any help is appreciated.
________________________________
Paul McGurn   |   Manager, Customer Support
                                Escalations & Operations
* ** LogMeIn, Inc.
www.LogMeIn.com<http://www.logmein.com/>   |   pmcgurn@LogMeIn.com<ma...@LogMeIn.com>
p. +1 781.897.1320   |   f. +1 781.897.0632

Re: Tomcat Cluster Deployer

Posted by János Löbb <ja...@yale.edu>.
Paul,

Do You have this documentation ready ??  I would rather look Your's
one first, before the source code :)

Thanks ahead,

János

Re: Tomcat Cluster Deployer

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Paul McGurn wrote:
> OK, I successfully deployed this in our test environment.
Great!

> Could you point me toward the general guidelines for properly creating documentation in the acceptable format?  I'll start by documenting the existing cluster example that includes the farm section and work from there.
Patches are first applied to trunk and then ported to other versions as
required. The source for the docs for trunk can be found in svn at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/

General guidelines are nothing more than stick to the format you find in
those files. For a complete list of what is allowed / expected see the
tomcat-doc.xsl file in that directory.

Any changes should be submitted in diff -u format as a bugzilla entry.

You might find it easier to build Tomcat locally to check your changes. If
you haven't done this before it is pretty simple. See
http://localhost:8080/docs/building.html
Note you must use a 1.5 JDK for a complete build. If you use a 1.6 JDK you
won't build the DBCP component.

Mark

RE: Tomcat Cluster Deployer

Posted by Paul McGurn <Pa...@logmein.com>.