Posted to announcements@xml.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2008/01/09 18:34:48 UTC

[ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released

Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released
-----------------------------

   The Apache Cocoon Community is proud to announce the new release
   of Apache Cocoon.

   Apache Cocoon is a web development framework built around the concept
   of separation of concerns (that is: allowing people to do their job
   without having to step on each other toes) and component-oriented web
   RAD.

   The latest version is downloadable from
   http://cocoon.apache.org/mirror.cgi
   (Please use the mirrors to download the release - it might take
   a little bit more time until the latest release is available on
   all mirrors, so give the mirrors some time - approx. 24h to update.)

   This release includes many bug fixes and smaller enhancements.

   For more information about Apache Cocoon 2.1.10, please go to
   http://cocoon.apache.org. You'll find the whole list of changes at
   http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html.

The Apache Cocoon Project

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 18:34 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released
> -----------------------------
>
>    The Apache Cocoon Community is proud to announce the new release
>    of Apache Cocoon.

Thanks everyone very much for all your efforts and congratulations.

salu2

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released
>> -----------------------------
>
> Thanks for that effort Carsten.
>
> However, i think that you might have missed the main
> "announce AT apache.org" list.

Thanks,

yepp, I missed that one. Fixed :)

Carsten

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released
> -----------------------------

Thanks for that effort Carsten.

However, i think that you might have missed the main
"announce AT apache.org" list.

-David

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Jeremy Quinn escribió:

> On 9 Jan 2008, at 17:34, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released
>
> Many thanks Carsten !!
+1. :)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@apache.org>.
On 9 Jan 2008, at 17:34, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released

Many thanks Carsten !!

regards Jeremy

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Ralph Goers wrote:
>>> Thanks Carsten.
>>>
>>> I don't get the last paragraph though. Why would we provide more
>>> information about 2.1.10 when the announcement is for 2.1.11?  The
>>> changes.html link has almost nothing under 2.1.11 so I assume the
>>> reference to 2.1.10 is correct?
>>>
>> No, that's a typo - the announcement is hand prepared and I oversaw the
>> version number at the bottom.
>>
>> For the changes.html I have no idea how to update them. If someone could
>> have a look at it, would be great!
>
> I have run out of time and going away for long weekend.
> I managed to get the docs generation working again,
> but no time to deploy.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonReleaseHowTo
> => http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate

Thanks David for the help!

I just updated the website; I'll provide the tar for download as 2.1.11
docs over the weekend as well.

Thanks
Carsten

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Thanks Carsten.

I don't get the last paragraph though. Why would we provide more
information about 2.1.10 when the announcement is for 2.1.11?  The
changes.html link has almost nothing under 2.1.11 so I assume the
reference to 2.1.10 is correct?

Ralph

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Haller wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> Carsten Ziegeler schrieb:
>> Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released
>> -----------------------------
>>

> I expected 2.2 as the next version of cocoon. What about the 2.2 release?

There are some open tasks left but I expect that we can start the release
process at the end of January.

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released

Posted by Reinhard Haller <re...@interactive-net.de>.
 Hi Carsten,

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
> On Jan 9, 2008, at 12:34 PM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>>  (Please use the mirrors to download the release - it might take
>>  a little bit more time until the latest release is available on
>>  all mirrors, so give the mirrors some time - approx. 24h to update.)
>
> That's why release announcement should be sent 24 hours after release :)

Vadim, don't spoil the fun! We definitely don't want to wait any longer. ;-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 Released

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2008, at 12:34 PM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>>  (Please use the mirrors to download the release - it might take
>>  a little bit more time until the latest release is available on
>>  all mirrors, so give the mirrors some time - approx. 24h to update.)
>
> That's why release announcement should be sent 24 hours after release :)

Which I did (nearly) :)

Carsten

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.