Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/02 06:27:56 UTC

Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Based on the feedback we got we've created a 1.5.2 branch based on the code from approximately Sat Jan 19.

This includes the following JIRAs that were requested:

 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-669
 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-668
 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-699
 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-703

This does not yet include this requested JIRA:

 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-779

We will definitely add that.

For those that are planing to use the 1.5.2 rather than the 1.6.0 with the various system rewrites for performance, can you please try the 1.5.2 snapshots and report if anything you need is missing.

Builds available here:

 - http://tomee.apache.org/builds.html

If possible, get your feedback in by Friday and we can start rolling potential release candidates.

-David

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
James, it's best to examine Romain's URLs before/after clicking URL, remove
last few characters of the URL, and press Enter in your browser.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
hmm works for me

btw here the content: https://gist.github.com/rmannibucau/5078005

*Romain Manni-Bucau*

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.
404 not found.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Basically

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Isnt it @ApplicationPath?

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.
Romain,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hum, it's not really user friendly.
When the popup comes on and asks for an Apache ID, just choose the 'no'
button and you will enter automatically to the anonymous mode.

JLouis

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.
I'm in. Can't say I'm overly impressed with this interface. Someone could
do with upgrading it to Confluence or similar. But that's a different
problem...

James

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Posted by Bjorn Danielsson <bj...@lists.cuspycode.com>.

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Fully agree.

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.
Jean-Louis,

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
James,

--
Jean-Louis

Re: Availability of 1.5.2 snapshots

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
As noted, the branch was created just after Sat Jan 19, so does include the JAX-RS change with better logging.

It's fine if we want to revert that, but we'll have to do it quickly.  Dev list is probably best place to chat on that.

-David

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.
David,

Thanks for this. Could someone kindly establish which Jira relates to JAX-RS providers not being picked up, this is in 1.6 but am not sure if it is a bug fix candidate for 1.5 or a new feature for 1.6. Given it is in the official spec I might hope for the former...

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
If it is in 1.5.2 it should really be removed before the vote

Posted by ymaraner <tp...@gmail.com>.
Romain Manni-Bucau wrote

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ymaraner <tp...@gmail.com>.