Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Jack J. Woehr" <ja...@purematrix.com> on 2004/01/11 23:25:13 UTC

Re: More on the Resource case

koji_sekiguchi@excite.co.jp wrote:

> Thank you for your quick action.

Well, I'm not an Ant committer. I just tried what you said, found you were correct,
and offered a change to the Ant community. You and I both could have overlooked
some issue in this case! :-) Let's see what happens.

> How about "resource" case?

That works okay.  For example, I have my SoftWoehr class library source tree residing
under /usr/local/work/SoftWoehr/ ... Here is a modified test case like before:

     <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>

     <project name="test-whichresource" default="dotest">
         <target name="dotest">
             <whichresource property="testresult" class="org.apache.tools.ant.Main"/>
          <echo message="${testresult}"/>
      <whichresource property="testresult.bis" resource="com/SoftWoehr/images/meu.jpg" classpath="/usr/local/work/SoftWoehr"/>
           <echo message="${testresult.bis}"/>
         </target>
     </project>

The output is as follows:

     dotest:
          [echo] jar:file:/usr/local/ant/lib/ant.jar!/org/apache/tools/ant/Main.class
          [echo] file:/usr/local/work/SoftWoehr/com/SoftWoehr/images/meu.jpg

Resource loading *does* work that way with a leading slash in the path. I guess that's what confused
the issue about class loading.

--
Jack J. Woehr      # We have gone from the horse and buggy
Senior Consultant  # to the moon rocket in one lifetime, but