Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <Jo...@Neckar-Alb.DE> on 1997/02/22 00:50:01 UTC

mod_proxy/183: FTP connections fail with error message "proxy: error setting PASV debug option"

>Number:         183
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       FTP connections fail with error message "proxy: error setting PASV debug option"
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When trying to load down a file via the FTP proxy, it always fails with
an error message "proxy: error setting PASV debug option".
I cannot see, why the module aborts a transfer if it cannot put the
socket into debugging mode.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I have just commented out the following lines in proxy_ftp.c:

    if (setsockopt(dsock, SOL_SOCKET, SO_DEBUG, (const char *)&one,
      sizeof (int)) == -1)
    {
        proxy_log_uerror("setsockopt", NULL,
            "proxy: error setting PASV debug option", r->server);
        pclosef(pool, dsock);
        pclosef(pool, sock);
        return SERVER_ERROR;
    }

Perhaps it would even be sufficient just to carry on instead of aborting
the transfer.
%0