Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Weiwei Wang <ww...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/19 08:11:13 UTC

How to make search distributed and scalable

Hi, buddies,
     I'm reading something about solr and elastic-search, the thing i have
been curious is how to make search engine distributed(using something like
hadoop?).

       I readed something about shards and replication tech mentioned in the
user guide, but what is lacked for the open source projects like solr and
elastic-search is the detailed essay about the architecture and the design
of the system, instead, they only provide full user guide.

      Of course, i'm a user of this kind of system, however, i want to get
more about the insight.

could anyone here provide me more materials to get me clear about the
distributed architecture of such open source search engines?

Thanks~

---
Weiwei Wang
gtalk: ww.wang.cs@gmail.com

Re: How to make search distributed and scalable

Posted by Weiwei Wang <wa...@dianxinos.me>.
thanks, dude, i will take a look at it

--

王巍巍 Alex Wang
软件工程师 Software Engineer

点心 移动互联网解决方案
Tapas Mobile
www.dianxinos.com

北京市海淀区北四环西路66号 第三极大厦B座18层   100080
Disanji Tower Block B  F18, #66 North 4th Ring Road West,
Haidian District, Beijing 100080 China

This message is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain
privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of the information contained in this message is strictly
unauthorized and prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message
from your system.  Any statements in this message which do not relate
to the business of Tapas are neither given nor endorsed by Tapas.

Re: How to make search distributed and scalable

Posted by Kim Kokkonen <ki...@gmail.com>.