Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca> on 2010/05/15 14:36:34 UTC

Update on wicketstuff.org using the oss.sonatype maven repository

Hello,

I filed an issue to get a wicketstuff.org repository setup within the
sonatype.org infrastructure.

I've been testing and have been able to reliably deploy snapshots (maven
2.2.x is required otherwise uniqueVersion false is not honoured in child
POM's).
We deploy snapshots to here:
http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots and they are are
accessible.

The 1.4.7-SNAPSHOT off the current trunk is here:
http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/wicketstuff/

There is a bit of a propogation delay into the release and snapshot url
here: http://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/org/wicketstuff/
which is why the wicketstuff-core pom is using the deploy to url vs this
one.

I've setup a Hudson build server and am trying to get it to work for
deploying snapshots. right now I am using poll scm and an @hourly interval

Once this works I can either add in more users or fold the configuration
into the actual box running wicketstuff.org.  If left seperate for now I
was thinking hudson.wicketstuff.org pointing at the box could be a way
to integrate it.

Sonatype can authorize accounts for different parts of a project but it
is all tied to the maven group id.

So right now everything has a groupid of org.wicketstuff so no
differentiation will be possible.  Since projects exist both in
wicketstuff-core and also just by themselves its possible that conflicts
could arise if the other one were committed.  We could create a sub
group for like org.wicketstuff.core for core projects or a sub group for
everything else like: org.wicketstuff.individual or leave it as it is.

releases can be staged and once promoted will be propagated into the
central maven repository.  The first time through we need to file a
ticket but after that its automatic.

I think I need to cut a release and then check some things with a
1.4.8-SNAPSHOT (or the 1.4.9-SNAPSHOT numbering scheme that was
discussed on the list recently).  I first deployed without the
<uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion> and there is a glitch right now
that the unique versions don't appear in the standard snapshot path of:
http://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/org/wicketstuff.  I'm
hoping a clear directory structure with a new path will resolve the issue.

After releases are known to work I want to coordinate the syncing of
teamcity users into hudson users and the addition of more users at
oss.sonatype.org for others to be able to cut releases.

It may not be possible to get older wicketstuff releases into
oss.sonatype because for releases the pom's have to meet the central
sync up requirements.  They also have to be signed but that is easy and
well documented.  But its something that should be tried to give us the
option to totally shutdown the wicketstuff maven repository.

Regards,

Mike

Key changes:

jslibraries was commented out.  I added it back as it is needed for
calendarviews.  jslibraries needed the servlet-api-2.5 for a test case
but the wicketstuff-core/pom.xml defined a hard version of 6.1.22 which
didn't exist for the servlet-api-2.5 artifact in central.  I hard coded
the version for the current deployed central version of 6.1.14.

flot-parent was directly refering to the wicketstuff.org maven
repository so I commented out that section.

jquery was refering to wicketstuff-misc from before it was included in
wicketstuff-core.  I changed the dependency to refer to the
wicketstuff-core version.

In order to deploy releases through to central we can't have repository
or pluginRepository sections in the pom root.  So I've removed those
sections from the root and added profiles to encapsulate them.

tinymce-parent was using the wicketstuff maven repo due to the
jazzyplugin, see this message from March 10 for details:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/wicket-users/201003.mbox/%3C23eb48361003181229o2aca732ci38b415dc7afd554f@mail.gmail.com%3E

a better way would be to get a sonatype account for this artifact and
upload a release bundle and then change the linkage in the
tinymce-parent pom.  I believe they allow this situation where the
account creator is doing the upload on behalf of the project as a help
to maven users.  JBoss seems to have it or a varient in their maven repo
so that might be another way.

artwork and calendarviews were  refering to jslibraries 1.4-SNAPSHOT
which was part of the wicketstuff maven repo which I've changed to point
at 1.4.7-SNAPSHOT.(${project.version}).