Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Klaus Bertram <k....@kbsm.de> on 2003/08/29 16:19:45 UTC

[Linotype] for IE

Hi all,

I have implement for the Linotype block the editor that also works with
IE versions > 5.0
For my self I had test it with MOZ and IE 5.0, 6.0
and here are some of the main changes:
- the image names on upload
     there was an problem withe the name geneartion of the images
     the old one generate a number with an image counter, but when you
     edit a side with 3 images and delete the second, save it and edit it
     again, by adding an image the new name is image-3 which exists in
     the side and these one change his content.
   image name is the original name + prefix (default "image-")
- in the news2edit.xslt stylesheet must the edit.js script load before
   the script code (when not all IE displays a white side)

(BUG / Feature by redirect with IE5.0)
when I hit the Finish button by an IE5.0 browser the content and images
are saved and then comes an error from the servlet.
After debugging I found that the multipart Servlet is calld twice
1. with the POST data from the side
2. with no data and GET from the redirection.
BUG in IE or in Cocoon ?

So what should I do next, so that some other can test it?
should I make a PATCH to Bugzilla?
the patch with diff's of the stylesheets and the editor.js full?

Klaus

Re: [Linotype] for IE

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Klaus Bertram wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have implement for the Linotype block the editor that also works with
> IE versions > 5.0
> For my self I had test it with MOZ and IE 5.0, 6.0
> and here are some of the main changes:
> - the image names on upload
>     there was an problem withe the name geneartion of the images
>     the old one generate a number with an image counter, but when you
>     edit a side with 3 images and delete the second, save it and edit it
>     again, by adding an image the new name is image-3 which exists in
>     the side and these one change his content.
>   image name is the original name + prefix (default "image-")
> - in the news2edit.xslt stylesheet must the edit.js script load before
>   the script code (when not all IE displays a white side)
>
> (BUG / Feature by redirect with IE5.0)
> when I hit the Finish button by an IE5.0 browser the content and images
> are saved and then comes an error from the servlet.
> After debugging I found that the multipart Servlet is calld twice
> 1. with the POST data from the side
> 2. with no data and GET from the redirection.
> BUG in IE or in Cocoon ?
>
> So what should I do next, so that some other can test it?
> should I make a PATCH to Bugzilla?
> the patch with diff's of the stylesheets and the editor.js full?

Yes, that'd be great.  probably doesn't matter whether the diffs are
created together or not - use your best judgement.

Geoff