Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Jim Page <ji...@redmatter.com> on 2020/12/13 22:41:27 UTC

Porting flex app to royale: problem with .as files

Hi everyone

I seem to have a problem getting at least one (XMLListCollection) royale
class to build in a .as file, though it builds ok in a .mxml file. I have
posted this as a compiler bug here
https://github.com/apache/royale-compiler/issues/167. The upshot is that
when processing an mxml file there seem to be many more imported
org.apache.royale.* modules imported than in the .as file, and the reason
for the exception is that one of these missing modules is invoked.

So I am wondering if I am missing something obvious, like an import I need
to pull into all my .as files, or a compiler switch, and I thought I would
post this as a question to save my blushes in front of the compiler guys if
it turns out I am doing some thing obvious wrong.

Thanks
Jim

RE: Porting flex app to royale: problem with .as files

Posted by Jim Page <ji...@redmatter.com>.
Thanks! I'll try it

RE: Porting flex app to royale: problem with .as files

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Jim,

It sounds like a static initializer bug, see my comment, I suggested a workaround here

https://github.com/apache/royale-compiler/issues/167#issuecomment-744127492