Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au> on 2001/09/28 05:41:45 UTC

Re: tiles definition not found error with JDeveloper but rest of tile s works

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 01:31:46PM -0500, Stephen Gissendaner wrote:
> ------------------ENVIRONMENT:---------------------------
> Oracle 9i JDeveloper 5.0.0.5.65 (beta)
> M$2k machine P3 (512k)
> JAVA_HOME=I:\java\jdk1.3.1
> struts: the 20010927 nightly build
> WEB-INF has all of the tld's from the build, plus the web.xml, tiles.xml,
> and struts-config.xml files
> WEB-INF/lib has all of the .jar files from the build

>From which build? Did you build from CVS or download a build from the
website? Can you get the tiles example wars working?

> I get this error:
> Tag Insert : Can't get component definition 'swgpage'. Check if this name
> exist in component definitions

I had this problem, and it was because I built Struts with the latest
commons-digester.jar, built from CVS. It seems that Tiles requires an
older version. The commons jars in the nightly builds work.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=100077331200001&w=2&r=1

HTH,

--Jeff