Posted to user@struts.apache.org by caultonpos <ca...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/14 15:48:15 UTC

how to generate the form-bean definition real time

In struts I have some form beans defined in struts-config.xml e.g.

       <form-bean
               name="ProgressForm"
               type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">
           <form-property
                   name="currentWeight"
                   type="java.lang.String"/>
           <form-property
                   name="bloodPressure"
                   type="java.lang.String"/>
etc

I don't really want them in struts-config because I want to

a) Read the form fields from the database
b) Dynamically generate the html via the JSP
c) Dynamically map and save the form in my MappingDispatchAction
ActionForward

The only issue is in the ActionForward I have a bunch of

       String fieldValue =
PropertyUtils.getSimpleProperty(actionForm, fieldName);

and I think that getSimpleProperty depends on the bean definition in
struts config and I know struts populates the form automatically for
you as well

but any way I can get the form bean out of the struts config file to
be read from the database real time ?