Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Bierenfeld <mi...@atmiralis.de> on 2001/10/05 12:43:07 UTC

Cocoon2 + tomcat4.0 and the classloader *hmpf*

Hi once again,

while specifying extra-classpath in web.xml. eg adding "ejblogic.jar".
xsp-pages compile fine. But while running I receive an tomcat exception
NoClassDefFoundError. This can only be resolved by copying all needed
jars into web-info/lib :-(. Is there any better solution for this ?

The "Standard" Jars like the ones used by jboss could be linked into
TOMCAT_HOME/lib no problem at all. But for "own" jar-files I would
really like to use another location than webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib

Regards

Michael

Re: Cocoon2 + tomcat4.0 and the classloader *hmpf*

Posted by Michael Bierenfeld <mi...@atmiralis.de>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> I do prefer keep extra libraries/classes under WEB-INF/lib, or WEB-INF/classes,
> but if you do not like this... try
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
>       <param-value>WEB-INF/extra-classes1:/[YOU-ABSOLUTE-PATH-TO]/own.jar</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>
> in the web.xml

Hello,

I have done that. XSP-Pages do compile fine with that, but if these
Pages are executed you do receive NoClassDefFoundErrors from tomcat. It
seems that these extra ClassPaths are just valid for Cocoon. Tomcat dont
realises them.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
I do prefer keep extra libraries/classes under WEB-INF/lib, or WEB-INF/classes,
but if you do not like this... try
    <init-param>
      <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
      <param-value>WEB-INF/extra-classes1:/[YOU-ABSOLUTE-PATH-TO]/own.jar</param-value>
    </init-param>

in the web.xml

Vadim