Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Aidan Diffey <ai...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/08 11:00:55 UTC

[Component] Commons NET SSL reuse support

Hello all.

Can you tell me if FTPSClient supports ssl reuse?  I am trying to connect to
an FTPES server (vsftpd) with require_ssl_reuse=YES.

Kind Regards

Re: [Component] Commons NET SSL reuse support

Posted by David Kocher <dk...@cyberduck.ch>.
The problem is that in the SSL implementation in Java, SSL sessions are cached by the peer hostname and port number. Because a second socket is opened for the data connection for LIST and file transfers to a different port, a new SSL session is created instead of reusing the session from the control connection.

I don't have a solution for this issue, see also http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5087 for a discussion of implementation details.

-
David