Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2006/07/05 07:13:52 UTC

Re: Switch generate type to serverpage returns a blank page

Hi Basil,

Would you provide some sitemap.xmap snippet?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: Re: Switch generate type to serverpage returns a blank page

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
> ...BTW: Where is the cocoon.log located? Sorry but I'm a cocoon newbie :-)...

A useful trick to find out where logs are created (by any app) is:

  touch /tmp/timestamp
  ...run the app
  find . -newer /tmp/timestamp

Replacing . with paths where you suspect logs might be created.

-Bertrand

Re: Switch generate type to serverpage returns a blank page

Posted by Andrew Stevens <at...@hotmail.com>.
>From: Basil Moser <ba...@aveth.ethz.ch>
>Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:39:53 +0200
>
>Then I get the following exception:
>org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:  Unknown
>element 'serializer' at file:/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/
>webapps/telejobBeat/telejob/sitemap.xmap
>
>BTW: Where is the cocoon.log located? Sorry but I'm a cocoon newbie :-)

By default, in WEB-INF/logs  There ought to be a number of files in there,
according to what's been configured in logkit.xconf and log4j.xconf.
Exactly what files, and what gets logged to each of them, may depend on the
version of Cocoon, though, as I have a feeling the default configuration may
have changed over time.

Andrew.

Posted by Basil Moser <ba...@aveth.ethz.ch>.
I have tried this. After setting the serializer to xml only the java
code is displaye which should be executed.
But without sucess. Have anyone a simle example where he handles xml,
xsl sheets with java source code insight?

Thanks a lot
Basil

Posted by Andrew Stevens <at...@hotmail.com>.
>From: Basil Moser <ba...@aveth.ethz.ch>
>Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:39:53 +0200
>
>Then I get the following exception:
>org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:  Unknown
>element 'serializer' at file:/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/
>webapps/telejobBeat/telejob/sitemap.xmap

That's because within the pipelines it should have been map:serialize.
map:serializer is used inside the map:serializers section at the top to
declare the different serializer types.  Rule of thumb - the component
configuration uses nouns, the pipelines use the equivalent verbs.

Andrew.

>On Jul 20, 2006, at 7:01 AM, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>Basil Moser escribió:
>>>Hi Antonio
>>Hi,
>>
>>The pipeline seems to be ok. Look in cocoon.log, there might be an
>>exception. I am suspecting you sitemap default generator is  serverpages
>>(the xspgenerator), hence switching to a file generator  the java code is
>>not executed at all. For simple generator output  testing, please add a
>>xml serializer right after the generator to  see the output and run the
>>pipeline to get the xml output.
>>>
>>>That would be this section:
>>>    <map:match pattern="announcement.xml">
>>>     <map:generate type="file" src="announcement.xml"/>
>><!-- here we add the serializer to see the generator output -->
>>        <map:serializer type="xml"/>

Not quite...

>>>     <!-- <map:generate type="file" src="announcement.xml"/> -->
>>>     <!--<map:transform type="xslt"/> -->
>>>     <map:transform type="xslt" src="announcement.xsl"/>
>>>     <map:serialize type="html"/>

That's more like it :-)

Posted by Basil Moser <ba...@aveth.ethz.ch>.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Basil Moser escribió:
> Hi Antonio
Hi,

The pipeline seems to be ok. Look in cocoon.log, there might be an
exception. I am suspecting you sitemap default generator is serverpages
(the xspgenerator), hence switching to a file generator the java code is
not executed at all. For simple generator output testing, please add a
xml serializer right after the generator to see the output and run the
pipeline to get the xml output.

> That would be this section:
>    <map:match pattern="announcement.xml">
>     <map:generate type="file" src="announcement.xml"/>
<!-- here we add the serializer to see the generator output -->
        <map:serializer type="xml"/>
>     <!-- <map:generate type="file" src="announcement.xml"/> -->
>     <!--<map:transform type="xslt"/> -->
>     <map:transform type="xslt" src="announcement.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize type="html"/>
>    </map:match>

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo