Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Emma Sesmero <em...@apache.org> on 2014/04/09 09:40:08 UTC

Merge Bond and work on new beta release

Hi,

First of all, sorry for the delay to begin active in the project, but I
have been very busy at the University. Now that I have more time, I am
going to merge Bond from apache Extra to the James svn repository.

On the other hand, I would like to let you know that I want to get more
involved in the project, working on delivering a new beta release of James
3 (james-beta5), with Bond included and probably Hupa.

I you have any thoughts or suggestions, let me know.

Regards,

Emma

Re: Merge Bond and work on new beta release

Posted by Manuel Carrasco MoƱino <ma...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Emma Sesmero <em...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all, sorry for the delay to begin active in the project, but I
> have been very busy at the University. Now that I have more time, I am

Don't worry all of us have things to do, and spare time to work on
open-source is not predictable.

> going to merge Bond from apache Extra to the James svn repository.

It sounds like a good plan. Try to export git log to svn, there are tools
and enough info in stackoverflow for that.
Being bond an empty tree in svn, it should work well, Echo did have many
problems when he tried to merge its GSOC because Hupa already had changes
in svn trunk after he checked it out.

> On the other hand, I would like to let you know that I want to get more
> involved in the project, working on delivering a new beta release of James
> 3 (james-beta5), with Bond included and probably Hupa.

+1, I think we need someone to release a new beta with last fixes like
support for java7 IIRC.
Also it is good that someone of us gets familiar with the process of
releasing new versions, because I think sometime we should think on
releasing definitive James3.