Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/15 16:42:31 UTC

Shortcut for "cd submodule; mvn war:exploded"

Hi,

I have successfully migrated a project to Maven 2. So far, so good.

Currently I am working on  smoothing the basic use for the other team
members. In other words, I am about to provide equivalent functionality
for the former Ant targets. One of these targets should be

    myproject:webinstall

and it should be implemented with

    cd submodule-webapp
    mvn war:exploded
    cd ..

What is the best way to achieve that?

Regards,

Jochen

Re: Shortcut for "cd submodule; mvn war:exploded"

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 2/16/06, Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com> wrote:

> mvn war:exploded -f submodule-webapp\pom.xml
>

> mvn will cd into the submodule-webapp dir, execute the goals, then go
> back to the basedir

Getting rid of the cd commands is, of course, very nice. However, is
it possible to add this to my parent project as a separate goal?

Thanks,

Jochen

--
If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun. (Katharine Hepburn)

Re: Shortcut for "cd submodule; mvn war:exploded"

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
use the mvn -f option like so:

mvn war:exploded -f submodule-webapp\pom.xml

mvn will cd into the submodule-webapp dir, execute the goals, then go
back to the basedir

^_^