Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.org> on 2003/05/09 01:07:10 UTC

Mailet subproject license

Hi, I'm creating 'Jamailet', a James subproject to collect a series of useful Mailets to share with James community. Shall/Can I indicate ASF as license, or shall/can I indicate GNU?

Thanks,

Marco

Re: Mailet subproject license

Posted by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.org>.
Dont' worry Serge, I had this doubt but I never had the intention to
appropriate myself of your genius. I just couldn't find another way (quick)
to describe my project, as it actually is tailored on Mailet but
specifically for James. I'll do all my effort (eventually helped by your
lawyers) to make clear that this is an idea of mine and that it is not,
under any circumstance, under your influence.

Marco

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
If you want to share with the James community, you should use the ASF
License.  If you use GNU, it will prevent many people from being able to use
it.

    --- Noel