Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz> on 2011/10/15 14:56:05 UTC

show schema fails

on all nodes in cluster cassandra-0.8.5

[default@rapidshare] show schema;
A long is exactly 8 bytes: 5

how to capture more information for bug report?

Re: show schema fails

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz>.
bug is still there, i opened
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3415 with command how to
reproduce.

Re: show schema fails

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
I have a vague memory of there been a bug about this in the past.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Re: show schema fails

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz>.

Re: show schema fails

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Looks like the column meta for the CF specifies a column name that is not a valid Long. I seem to remember a bug like this something in the past.

You should be able to work around this by running  ALTER COLUMN FAMILY and only specifying valid column meta data.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Re: show schema fails

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz>.

Re: show schema fails

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Hi there,
	If you start cassandra-cli with --debug it will output a stack trace if the error is client side.

	Otherwise check the server log, by default it's in /var/log/cassandra/system.log

Thanks.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton