Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by seidhi Help <se...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/04 23:07:57 UTC

Any JAVA2XSD or JAVA2Schema ????

Hi,
How does the AXIS FW/tool validate the SOAP/XML
payload that it receives from a client. I would guess
there is some sort of "schema" or "DTD"[i doubt so]
that is associated with the xml data that is sent
across the wire. Or is it just the "well-formed"ness
that would suffice.

Is there a way to retrieve the schema information for
the XML payload, if it is generated at all.

If not, is there a JAVA2XSD or JAVA2Schema type util
just like JAVA2WSDL.....???
Any input is greatly appreciated...

Thank you very much,
S.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Re: Any JAVA2XSD or JAVA2Schema ????

Posted by Seidhi H <se...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Obrand and i appreciate your time.

I tried XMLSpy... albeit it generates the XSD, i
cannot say it is 100% accurate.... It "Guessed" some
of the datatypes incorrectly.... I had to review the
XSD completely and make a lot of changes by hand.

One other problem with XMLSpy is that it complains
about the SOAP-ENC prefix and also its presence in the
generated XSD [even though the XSD was generated by
XMLSpy in the first place] with a "name" attribute.

Anyway, i am trying to get to know more about schema
and might end up writing my own version of the schema.

Thanks again,
S.

Posted by obrand <ob...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Seidhi H <se...@yahoo.com>.