Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2008/02/04 13:30:53 UTC

[milestone] Thoughts for M5

As usual, we are all busy putting in new functionality and addressing
bugs in the latest HEAD stream.  Let's not forget delivering that
goodness those users who move from milestone to milestone release.

We are getting into the habit now of producing stable, well-tested
milestone builds; and this would be Milestone 5.

How about we aim for Fri February 22nd for the next stable release, with
our usual feature and code chill-down periods?

Regards,
Tim

Re: [milestone] Thoughts for M5

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
2008/2/4, Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>:
> As usual, we are all busy putting in new functionality and addressing
> bugs in the latest HEAD stream.  Let's not forget delivering that
> goodness those users who move from milestone to milestone release.
>
> We are getting into the habit now of producing stable, well-tested
> milestone builds; and this would be Milestone 5.
>
> How about we aim for Fri February 22nd for the next stable release, with
> our usual feature and code chill-down periods?

Sounds reasonable

Thanks,
Mikhail

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
On 2/4/08, Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> wrote:
> As usual, we are all busy putting in new functionality and addressing
> bugs in the latest HEAD stream.  Let's not forget delivering that
> goodness those users who move from milestone to milestone release.
>
> We are getting into the habit now of producing stable, well-tested
> milestone builds; and this would be Milestone 5.
>
> How about we aim for Fri February 22nd for the next stable release, with
> our usual feature and code chill-down periods?

+1

-Stepan.

Posted by Alexey Varlamov <al...@gmail.com>.
2008/2/11, Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>:
> I didn't hear any objections (or a lot of support for that matter <g>)
> so let's go with Feb 22 as our target date for Milestone 5.
>
> That means code freeze on Fri Feb 15th and no new features from now on.

Sounds good to me, time to stabilize again.
--
Alexey

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Nadya Morozova wrote:
> Well, Because you're thinking of a new milestone, do you think we can also
> think of the docs we need to update based on latest patches that'll make it
> into M5?
> can i help with the docs?

Thank you Nadya.  We've not been very good at producing per-release
documentation, so your help will be most welcome.  The ever-elusive
release notes would be a good start!

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
release notes? :)

Posted by Nadya Morozova <na...@googlemail.com>.