Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de> on 2000/11/11 15:06:07 UTC

history

With the next release of Fop coming I wanted to update the docs.
Here is the history section from STATUS. Please tell me, if I forgot
anything

Fotis

Done since 0.14 release
- added: a new package for image support and analysis [Pankaj
Narula]
- added large test suite for svg [Keiron Liddle]
- added support for property textdecoration (only value 'underline')
[Christian Geisert]
- added support for type 1 fonts [Jeremias Maerki,Alan Fagot]
- added support for compile target jdk 1.1 only [Art Welch]
- added support for  partial borders in block, block-container,
                     table-row, table-column and table-cell [Corinna
Hischke]
- redesign of properties handling, support for computed properties,
docs [Karen Lease]
- fixed: unnecessary dependence on jdk 1.2 features [Christian
Geisert]
- fixed: unicode problem in UserMessage [Ross Golder]
- fixed: broken buildFOTree [Marcus Holmberg]
- fixed: problems with borders and padding in tables [Corinna
Hischke]
- fixed: XMLRenderer, unbalanced " in the produced output
[Dorothea Wiarda]
- fixed: inline-sequence renamed to inline  [Fotis Jannidis]

Re: history

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
As far as svg is concerned I know that a lot more than just the test
suite has been done. (the only problem is I can't remember exactly what
I have done since then).

- linear gradients
- radial gradients
- css style selectors
- full list of css colour names
- patterns
- path curves (except arcs)
- text tspan and tref
- text whitespace handling
- text outline and fill
- switch
- images, including external svg images
- handles references (eg. tref, use and gradients) in external svg
documents
- svg elements (below top element)
- symbol element

Not everything is fully functional but they are working correctly for at
least some of the tests in the test suite.

Re: history

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
Hi, Fotis

You might as well throw in "updated pagination support, with support for
full-use of region-names", and credit that to myself and Kelly Campbell. We
are going to fold the branch that has that stuff into the main branch in the
next week and then do up FOP-0_15_0.

Arved

At 03:06 PM 11/11/00 +0100, Fotis Jannidis wrote:
>With the next release of Fop coming I wanted to update the docs.
>Here is the history section from STATUS. Please tell me, if I forgot
>anything
>
>Fotis
>
>Done since 0.14 release
>- added: a new package for image support and analysis [Pankaj
>Narula]
>- added large test suite for svg [Keiron Liddle]
>- added support for property textdecoration (only value 'underline')
>[Christian Geisert]
>- added support for type 1 fonts [Jeremias Maerki,Alan Fagot]
>- added support for compile target jdk 1.1 only [Art Welch]
>- added support for  partial borders in block, block-container,
>                     table-row, table-column and table-cell [Corinna
>Hischke]
>- redesign of properties handling, support for computed properties,
>docs [Karen Lease]
>- fixed: unnecessary dependence on jdk 1.2 features [Christian
>Geisert]
>- fixed: unicode problem in UserMessage [Ross Golder]
>- fixed: broken buildFOTree [Marcus Holmberg]
>- fixed: problems with borders and padding in tables [Corinna
>Hischke]
>- fixed: XMLRenderer, unbalanced " in the produced output
>[Dorothea Wiarda]
>- fixed: inline-sequence renamed to inline  [Fotis Jannidis]

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"