Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Contay <co...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/08 01:15:17 UTC

login help...

Hi,

I'm trying to log into a site, and am experiencing some difficulties.  I'm
using http header to debug/compare my results.
All my results are identical, as far as cookies being set, etc...I post my
login information, and results, again, are the same...however, with a
browser using ieHttpHeader, there are a ton of gets after posting the form
(for all the resources, etc), and upon the 3rd or 4th get after posting,
there is a get to a .gif file, that results in a HTTP 302 along with a
cookie being set in the response with a location for the redirect!  This has
me baffled.  I follow the gets one by one myself after posting, and I simply
get a HTTP 200 as a result on all the resource gets.

Can someone help me? Why would a .gif get result in a 302 for the browser,
and not for me??

Incidentally, depending on whether my cache on my browser is cleared or not,
the 302 occurs on a different .gif get.

Thanks in advance!
Farid