Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org> on 2008/10/14 04:56:50 UTC

Git mirror, yeah!

Hey guys,

Jukka Zitting has created a read-only (yeah, I know) semi official (or semi
unofficial, depending on your inclinations) mirror of our repo:

http://jukka.zitting.name/git/
git://jukka.zitting.name/ode.git

It mirrors our *full* repo including all the branches and tags,
synchronizing once a day. I had to find a way to patch git-svn (fugly perl
code, yuck) as it was choking on a confusing sequence of commits in the bart
branch.

Extra browny points to the one who finds a way to consistently pull from
that repo while pushing to subversion using git-svn. I don't think it's
possible but with git, who knows.

Matthieu

Re: Git mirror, yeah!

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Jukka Zitting has created a read-only (yeah, I know) semi official (or semi
> unofficial, depending on your inclinations) mirror of our repo:
>
> http://jukka.zitting.name/git/
> git://jukka.zitting.name/ode.git
>
> It mirrors our *full* repo including all the branches and tags,
> synchronizing once a day. I had to find a way to patch git-svn (fugly perl
> code, yuck) as it was choking on a confusing sequence of commits in the bart
> branch.
>
> Extra browny points to the one who finds a way to consistently pull from
> that repo while pushing to subversion using git-svn. I don't think it's
> possible but with git, who knows.

You should ask Victor.  He did the SVN/Github setup for Buildr,
battle-tested for a few months without missing a beat.  You'll need to
synchronize much more frequently to make it effective, though.

Re: Git mirror, yeah!

Posted by Alexis Midon <mi...@intalio.com>.
That's a good start, thanks Jukka!

Alexis