Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org> on 2011/02/17 21:07:50 UTC

Use of @Override

Hi,

I notice that quite a few classes in aries are using the Java 6
interpretation of @Override. This doesn't seem to break a command line
maven build, but when importing into eclipse using m2e it sets the
project up to obey the pom configuration which says we are using Java
5, which forces a Java 5 interpretation of @Override and the classes
don't compile.

I can see three options:

1. Remove them as I find them
2. Update our parent pom to use Java 6, rather than Java 5.
3. Hack my way around it.

What do people think?
Alasdair

--
Alasdair Nottingham
not@apache.org

Re: Use of @Override

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Definitely not #3.
I think #2 makes sense for trunk.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Use of @Override

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

See ARIES-581

--
Alasdair Nottingham
not@apache.org

Re: Use of @Override

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: Use of @Override

Posted by Mark Nuttall <mn...@apache.org>.
> when importing into eclipse using m2e it sets the
> project up to obey the pom configuration which says we are using Java
> 5, which forces a Java 5 interpretation of @Override and the classes
> don't compile.

The tendendy of mvn eclipse:eclipse to set projects to Java 5 has been
annoying me for ages. I hadn't realised that it was something that we
could change. @Override on interfaces is the best thing in Java 6: I
very much want to keep that. Option 2, please.

Regards,
Mark