Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Richard Sitze <rs...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/05/22 01:26:05 UTC

[UPDATE: commons-logging]: commons-logging with JDK 1.1

Never experience... but I was mucking around in that same section of code
working on another issue, and I saw/fixed it.

I don't have committer status, so would someone review/checkin the
following updates (full files).

Also, I'm listed as a committer (not sure when that happened, but I don't
mind), would someone grant me appropriate permissions?  Thanks, <ras>

*********************************
Resolve NullPointerExceptions, remove redundant checks, minor refactoring
to facilitate readability.
*********************************

(See attached file: LogFactory.java)

(See attached file: LogFactoryImpl.java)

Richard A. Sitze            rsitze@us.ibm.com
CORBA Interoperability & WebServices
IBM WebSphere Development

                      tim_williams@hsb
                      c.ca                     To:      commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
                                               cc:
                      05/21/2002 04:18         Subject: commons-logging with JDK 1.1
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to "Jakarta
                      Commons
                      Developers List"

Has anybody successfully used commons-logging with a 1.1 JDK?

I am getting a NullPointerException because the call findClassLoader() on
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory returns null.

My tests...
It didn't work in VisualAge 3.02 (which is JDK 1.1.7) so I tried Sun's JDK
1.1.8_009.
This gave me an invalid Class format version of 46, it needed 45.
So I recompiled the source with the JDK but still I got the
NullPointerException.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks,

Tim.

For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: [UPDATE: commons-logging]: commons-logging with JDK 1.1

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
On Tue, 21 May 2002, Richard Sitze wrote:

> Never experience... but I was mucking around in that same section of code
> working on another issue, and I saw/fixed it.
>
> I don't have committer status, so would someone review/checkin the
> following updates (full files).
>
> Also, I'm listed as a committer (not sure when that happened, but I don't
> mind), would someone grant me appropriate permissions?  Thanks, <ras>

Richard is already an Apache commiter ( on the xml 'side', but still
apache), and he already had several contributions to commons-logging.

If he's not already a full commiter to jakarta-commons, I propose
him as commiter. If he is - then he can check the patches in himself :-)

Costin