Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Webster Homer <we...@milliporesigma.com> on 2018/09/19 19:05:28 UTC

Solr admin timeout

I have a fairly complex query which I'm trying to debug. The query works as long as I don't try to return the field: [explain style=nl]
Of course this is the data I'm really interested in. When I run it, the console acts busy, but then the screen clears displaying no data. I suspect a timeout in the admin console. Is there any way to set the timeout to be longer?

I've had issues with what I think is a timeout problem using the Streams interface as well.

Thanks

Re: Solr admin timeout

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 9/19/2018 1:05 PM, Webster Homer wrote:
> I have a fairly complex query which I'm trying to debug. The query works as long as I don't try to return the field: [explain style=nl]
> Of course this is the data I'm really interested in. When I run it, the console acts busy, but then the screen clears displaying no data. I suspect a timeout in the admin console. Is there any way to set the timeout to be longer?

The admin UI is not meant to be used "for real".  It's a tool for the
admin to try things out ... the actual query API should be used when
you're doing real queries.  At the top of the result screen for the
query UI, you are given the actual URL that was requested, and can click
on it.

You can only use the admin UI in a browser, its URLs will not work in a
program like a website.  The API URLs will work in a program.

Are you seeing errors in solr.log?  What version?

Thanks,
Shawn