Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/10 04:26:10 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.8.0 - rc0

Hello all,

I'd like to propose the zeroth release candidate (rc0) of Apache
Drill, version 1.8.0. It covers a total of 37 resolved JIRAs [1].
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

The tarball artifacts are hosted at [2] and the maven artifacts are hosted
at [3].

This release candidate is based on commit
e148d66e1945bff5397f502dc75b65033bba4811 located at [4].

The vote will be open for the next ~72 hours ending at 10:00 PM
Pacific, August 12, 2016.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Here's my vote: +1

Thanks,

Jinfeng

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12334768&styleName=&projectId=12313820&Create=Create&atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED%7Cb9b453c1c790b30e573bfa12f4981c49667bee0a%7Clout
[2] http://home.apache.org/~jni/drill/1.8.0/rc0/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedrill-1033/
[4] https://github.com/jinfengni/incubator-drill/tree/1.8.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.8.0 - rc0

Posted by Zelaine Fong <zf...@maprtech.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Downloaded build
Ran some ad-hoc queries
Verified a random bug fixed in the release (DRILL-3149)

-- Zelaine

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.
Some update about 1.8.0 release, per discussion during today's Drill hangout.

Two remaining issues would had better be fixed in 1.8.0 release.

1. DRILL-4857: Performance regression related to parquet meta
partition pruning. Aman has a PR, which will be merged soon.
2. DRILL-4852: Performance regression for count(*) against JSON/CSV
table. The cause of the problem has been identified, and Arina is
currently working on a patch for it.

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jinfeng Ni <ji...@gmail.com>.
That sinks the RC0.