Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Law, Larry" <la...@countryfinancial.com> on 2003/01/31 16:48:38 UTC

Problem importing 2.3.0 into VA Java 4

I am having a problem importing the xerces 2.3.0 source into VA Java.  It
doesn't seem to like the private constructor for
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.SchemaGrammar which is implicitly invoked by it
inner class BuiltinSchemaGrammar.  The error I get is:

"Cannot invoke private super constructor defined on
org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.SchemaGrammar with arguments (), access emulation
would violate VM specifications"

If I make constructor for SchemaGrammer public or protected, VA doesn't
complain, but I am hesitant to change the xerces source.

Any thoughts?

Larry