Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Zhang, Lisheng" <Li...@BroadVision.com> on 2013/03/16 15:11:00 UTC

Solr 3.6.1 ClassNotFound Exception

Hi,

This is perhaps a trivial question but somehow I could not pin-down:
when trying to index a file (using solr 3.6.1) I got the error:

Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class 'solr.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler'

I know in solrconfig.xml we have defined

///
<requestHandler name="/update/extract"
                  startup="lazy"
                  class="solr.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler" >
///

and the jar file should be:

<SOLR_HOME>/dist/apache-solr-cell-3.6.1.jar

But above jar file only have class:

jar tvf apache-solr-cell-3.6.1.jar | grep ExtractingRequestHandler
  5332 Tue Jul 17 12:45:40 PDT 2012 org/apache/solr/handler/extraction/ExtractingRequestHandler.class

Where we can find "solr.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler" ?

Thanks very much for helps, Lisheng

RE: Solr 3.6.1 ClassNotFound Exception

Posted by "Zhang, Lisheng" <Li...@BroadVision.com>.
Hi Erick,

Thanks! Actually this is other people's installation and I help to
debug.

I guess is that in solrconfig.xml, the line:

<lib dir="../../dist/" regex="apache-solr-cell-\d.*\.jar" />

(or other similar line) somehow does not work , I will try to look
more.

Thanks very much for helps, Lisheng

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.