Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Sahoo <sa...@sun.com> on 2008/10/17 07:59:19 UTC

Manifest goal ignores version attribute specified in _exportcontents

I am using maven-bundle-plugin version 1.4.3. We use the manifest goal
and configure the plugin to read bnd instructions from a file called
osgi.bundle like this:
                        <_include>-${basedir}/osgi.bundle</_include>

In thet artifact's osgi.bundle file, we use _exportcontents to list the
packages to be exported. I am observing that even if I set a version
attribute explicitly as part of _exportcontents instruction, the
generated Export-Package headers in the manifest always contains version
as 3.0-Prelude-SNAPSHOT, which is the version of the artifact being
built. If I switch to using Export-Package, the generated manifest
contains whatever version I specify in the osgi.bundle file. This looks
like a bug to me. Can anyone confirm? Is it a known issue?

Thanks,
Sahoo

Re: Manifest goal ignores version attribute specified in _exportcontents

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/17 Sahoo <sa...@sun.com>

> I am using maven-bundle-plugin version 1.4.3. We use the manifest goal and
> configure the plugin to read bnd instructions from a file called osgi.bundle
> like this:
>                       <_include>-${basedir}/osgi.bundle</_include>
>
> In thet artifact's osgi.bundle file, we use _exportcontents to list the
> packages to be exported. I am observing that even if I set a version
> attribute explicitly as part of _exportcontents instruction, the generated
> Export-Package headers in the manifest always contains version as
> 3.0-Prelude-SNAPSHOT, which is the version of the artifact being built. If I
> switch to using Export-Package, the generated manifest contains whatever
> version I specify in the osgi.bundle file. This looks like a bug to me. Can
> anyone confirm? Is it a known issue?

I haven't seen this before, but I wouldn't be surprised because the manifest
goal
in 1.4.3 still isn't exactly equivalent to building the full bundle, for
various reasons.

the next release is going to address this sort of issue, so please log it on
JIRA.

Thanks,
> Sahoo

Cheers, Stuart